Welcome back everyone! I promise this blog will be
better than last weeks (I don't know what happened there) moving on for today's
news I have decided to look up a short skit from SNL and I think it is
HILARIOUS so hopefully you all will enjoy it too!
THE LIIINNNKKK -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jh2n5ki0KE
So in this skit we have Hillary Clinton drinking her problems
away and the real Hillary is her bar tender FREAKY lol! I think this
video says a lot about Hillary and shows that she has a sense of humor. I personally think it shows that she is not
only business but she can be funny too, I mean there is a time and a place for
everything. Now this video is exaggerated I am positive that Hillary does
not go to a bar and drink all her problems away and talk to “random” people while doing so! I mean if she did it would be all over the
news and America would stay bring it up because they always do that especially
when it comes to Mrs. Hillary Clinton. I
think this skit it like a double edge sword, you either favor it or you don’t. There are pros and cons to it, however for
myself being someone who is just now getting into politics I like this skit
although some things are obviously wrong I think it does a good job in talking
about the important things Hillary stands for.
Someone from an older generation might disagree with me 100 times
because they might think this is a bad representation, however with the millennial
generation being the main focus I think it works our great in Hillary’s favor.

Despite the drinking and bar scene this skit does a great
job when it comes to capturing Hillary.
It talks about how she wants to lead and how she would “fix it all”. Honestly I think she would change America for
the better. America has never been great, but we are
slowly working towards that goal to make it something happen and although we
are kind of having a down ward slop I think Hillary has the drive and mind to
fit it all. When she is talking to Val
(the real Hillary) she talks about how she is a grandmother, a human, and a politician;
things that are also true! I also like
how Hillary realizes she should have recognized gay/lesbian right sooner that
is also something good that was in this skit. Now I think it is exaggerated
when Val says Hillary looks young because well although she looks good for her
age she does not look young! The funny
thing is if and when she wins she will be the second oldest to ever serve as
President.
To me this skit shows that Hillary can laugh at herself you know? If you can’t laugh at yourself then honey you
need to move on because this line of work is not for you. That is pretty much what I took from it. This skit does a fine job in portraying
Hillary it shows that she can have fun but she knows how to be serious. Towards the end of the skit when they are
talking about a “vacation” and the fake Hillary can’t say the word because she doesn’t
know what that is (obviously over exaggerated too lol), think that shows that
Hillary will work hard and play hard until American is where it need to be and
that is when she will take a vacay. I
hope you enjoyed this skit as much as I did and stay tuned for next week!
This clip was really funny! I think it was a good thing that Hilary was in the clip but not playing herself. It showed that she can be made fun of and play along in the act. It gave her a positive image and compared to other ones a lot better view of herself. Hilary really seems to be involved in this kind of stuff, with that in mind do you think this is helping voters know her/help her campaign?
ReplyDeleteI could be wrong, but I think doing stuff like this helps her A LOT! People often said that she is a robot you know, and this shows that she is getting out there and trying to show American that she is not. It talks to the younger people in a positive way and that's why i think it helps her votes.
DeleteI found this to be very funny. Politicians, like all people, should be able to laugh and joke about themselves. SNL is clearly a popular program on TV, but I personally do not know many people that watch it, other than my parents (older folks). Do you think SNL is still popular amongst the younger crowds, and do you think that this skit will aid in her popularity?
ReplyDeleteI think that SNL is trying to reach out to the younger crowd. I think skits like this are positive because for the most part they capture the candidate, and young people might find this very funny and interesting to watch.
DeleteI love this!! it was so funny! i think she did a great job playing along with the jokes! great blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you Alicia! I think so too!
Delete