Welcome back to the Hillary Clinton Post! Where we learn all about the amazing Hillary! So this week I will be talking about a few ADs Hillary has made for the 2016 Presidential election - I feel it is important to talk about the now instead of the past because well, Hillary is GOING to be the next president. Let's get on with it then shall we?
My seconf ad is a little more personal towards Hillary Clinton her is the link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKsA4q-FFA It is called "Family Strong/ Hillary Clinton"
This ad is about a minute long and it starts off talking about Hillary Clinton's mother - Dorothy. (In case you do not know her mother passed away in 2011 on November 1). [Newyorktimes.com] It shows how and why Hillary does the things she does and why her passion for running is so strong. Her mother Dorothy, had a huge impact on Hillary's life ultimately creating the path Hillary is walking now. In my opinion I think that this ad gives us some light as to why Hillary values families, and children so much and that is why she presses those issues. To me this as makes her values genuine. What I mean by that is her background and personal experience make her truly want to make a difference in America.
This as bleeds into Hillary's resume and ends with the same sentence the last ad did, "When families are strong America is strong". I personally think this is both an image and issue as. Why? Well it does have her image included in the video and it also covers all the issues Hillary supports. As I mentioned above her mother had a huge impact on her life and she passed away in November of 2011. With November being just a few weeks away I think that also inspired Hillary to do this kind of 'personal' ad. It was a way to say "Mom I love you and even though you are not physically here with me I know your with me and watching my every step. I will never forget you and how you are the reason why I do thins and the things I do".
(Link cited http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/us/politics/story-of-hiliary-clintons-mother-forms-emotional-core-of-campaign.html?_r=0 )
Great blog, I picked the mother ad as well! How do you think her ads are appealing to the people? They are definitely more relatable which is great, do you think that people are taking the time to actually watch an relate to them? Also, do you think that more people are leaning towards voting for Clinton because of her ads or because of what she has been doing and saying during her rallies/her reputation.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ellssa, to answer your question I think that when people see them they automatically know they relate to them especially women. And well I think people who know Hillary Clinton because her reputation already want to vote for her or don't. , Her ads just appeal to them more or less depending on what ends of the spectrum you fall on. I think the ads are for those people who just don't know who to vote for.
ReplyDelete