Friday, October 2, 2015

DEBATE ANALYSIS


Hello and welcome back to the Hillary Clinton Post, if you have never read one of my blogs before I want to thank you for tuning in and reading about the amazing Hillary.  If you have been keeping up and reading my blogs every week you'll know that I tend to write in a more relaxed down to earth tone, one that hopefully keeps my audience (you guys) interested and coming back! Let’s began shall we?  Today you will be reading about an analysis for lack of better words that I did on one of Hillary’s debates.  In this particular blog, I will talk about her performance and what I thought she did well or did poorly.  I will also give my personal opinion as to what she needs to work on.  I will touch on advice that I would give her if I were helping in the Hillary campaign or if I were her campaign adviser.  Finally to bring it all around I will also touch on the issues that I think Hillary needs to address more during her current debates. (Note: the link to my debate is at the bottom)


                            Image result for hillary clinton




The debate I decided to analysis was on YouTube and called the Debate: Bernie Sanders vs. Hillary Clinton. I felt that for the purposes of my blog I needed to find a debate/speech that was current so I could you know convince YOU GUYS to be #teamHILLARY2016! The video I chose to use for this blog is lengthy so as a heads up I put the times as to when I fast-forwarded to the parts where Hillary was speaking.
 The part I watched first started at 8:16 and took place on 26 August, 2015.  In this part of the clip she is talking about her friend, the Vice President of the United States -Joe Biden.  I think she presented this speech very well she always talks in a loud and clear way so that her audience can understand her.  In my opinion I do not think she did anything poorly, I feel that everything she was saying about Joe Biden was genuine and I liked how she always brought the conversation back to herself.  I think that Hillary presented herself in a very classy way not giving to much information about Joe Biden out there to the press but enough to keep them content, she stated if she did not know something instead of making assumptions which was good.  Hillary always brought the topic back to herself and specified what she was going to do as far as her campaign and what she thought was right. 

Image result for hillary clinton

Now fast forward to 23:18 “Civil Right and Racism” this took place on 16 August, 2015.  In this segment Hillary is talking about the black lives matter issue and how black lives should matter.  To me this topic is extremely important because I am viewed as a black woman in American so the fact that Hillary cares about black individuals and lets the world know is a big deal.  She explains to the audience that yes we need to have better policing practices and more accountability yes but she also mentions that it is a mistake if we aren’t honest enough to say that we have systemic issues of race and justice in our country that are troubling for people.  In this speech she goes back in time to the civil right movement and says how disappointed at how little progress we have made since then.  I think it is a strength that Hillary is able to relate to not only women in the United States but people of color.  She shows empathy towards people and puts herself out there by telling storied to try to relate to “us”.  She tells the audience that she will lay out a plan and bring people together when she is President because we have come too far to go back now.

Image result for hillary clinton

Overall I think that Hillary does a phenomenal job when presenting a speech/debate.  If I was working for her campaign there is nothing I would change she understands the racial issues we are having here and now in 2015 and how important it is to address those issues because if we don’t history will repeat itself.  She understands that white males get treated differently than black males as far as the law and there have been studies to prove that claim.  Hillary may be older than everyone running but she is aware of the issues we are having in our country. Hillary knows what needs to be changed and has a plan as to how to do it, she understand that we are still fighting for equality (women, moms, people of color) and she wants to change that and I honestly believe that she is very capable of making the United States a better country. #TeamHillary2016

2 comments:

  1. Pointing out how Hillary always brought the conversation back to herself was something I hadn't thought about before reading your post. That's a great point! Sometimes debates get so off topic or just turn into two people insulting each other and not really discussing themselves or what they plan to do, which gets exhausting for the audience. It's definitely a respectable approach to focus more on yourself than you focus on belittling whoever you're running against.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could agree more. Often times debates turn into full blown arguments. I'm glad you were able to see my train of thought for this blog!

      Delete